Blasphemous Blogging: The Blog of Edwin Kagin

Blasphemy is the crime of making fun of ridiculous beliefs others hold sacred. This blog is about satire, truth, inquiry, and critical thinking. It is about enjoying life before death. It is about how some try to control many through their notions about a make believe supernatural world and imaginary rewards and punishments after death. This blog says that blasphemy is a good thing, a healthy thing, and a good antidote to harmful superstition. This blog is about freedom. Edwin.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Union, Kentucky, United States

Kentucky State Director for American Atheists. Originator of Camp Quest. Co-Author of "The Fundamentals of Extremism; the Christian Right in America." Author of "Baubles of Blasphemy."

Friday, November 17, 2006

Just Wanted to Say Thanks

17 November 2006, we return to blogging with this offering:

I am so happy for this dear saved soul! Now he does not have to suffer death and corruption like non-believers. He can now enjoy life everlasting and the Wedding Feast of the Lamb. And he can watch with pleasure the hideous suffering of the damned who so heartbreakingly accept facts over make believe.

How simple! How elegant! How obvious! God did it!

No more worry, no more doubt. Creation brought it all about.

Edwin.


From: (Redacted)
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:02 PM
To: edwin@edwinkagin.com
Subject: Just wanted to say "Thanks!"

Edwin,

I graduated from Covington Latin School at the age of 15. A couple of humanist priests taught me evolution and discredited the Bible. I almost committed suicide in despair over the “Big Bang” theory – all is meaninglessness. One of the priests committed suicide, the other, the Rev. Earl Bierman, sits in a KY jail as far as I know. I left Erlanger at the age of 17 as an atheist. That night when I arrived in CT my Father let me hear some teaching tapes on Genesis. I heard an explanation of life that I had never heard before. I have been a follower of Jesus the Christ ever since.

I recently attended Hen Ham’s Answers In Genesis Creation College 2. A very educational and inspiring week it was. I just heard the story of how you tried to stop him. Are you aware of how your evil intentions have turned out for good? A much larger and better facility has now been erected because of your opposition. I just wanted to say “Thanks!”.

Sincerely,

(Redacted)

1 Comments:

Blogger Poodlezilla said...

Just saying here, you know, it being the holidays and all-I'm not contemplating suicide or anything.

Given that I'm not down with his beliefs and that it's coming up on the most deadly time of the year (as far as the wrist slitting/noose making crowd is concerned), just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that I'm cool.

7:48 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home